• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  don't let your wonder turn into closure

stars when you shine, you know how i feel
    oh freedom is mine

"Likewise," Nashua says in her direction and gives his slender head a dip in polite greeting. "All good things, I hope?" the young pegasus asks and the smile he gives her is one that he hopes is inviting, that she is welcome to make herself comfortable alongside him as they walk through Taiga. "Not that I ever did anything wrong," Nash teases in that way only a sibling could; in the way that implied there were plenty of foalhood stories about the nonsense that he and Yanhua (well, mostly Nashua) got themselves into.

But it makes Nashua curious to learn more about this newest Taigan. Where has she come from? Did she have siblings? What stories did she have to tell from her youth?

At the mention of his mother and Yanhua, he sobers a little. "Oh, I have no doubt." The chestnut states. They might be difficult to find at times but Nashua whole-heartedly believes they are never far from Taiga. Lilliana would never leave it (atleast not willingly), he thought. And as for Yan, well, his brother has been the one mooring that Nash has had throughout his life.

The pair travels for a time - winding through hoof trails that he has known since birth - past the large ferns, underneath a low-lying branch, through a chapel of Redwoods untouched by the fires. Nashua listens with an ear kept in Borderline's direction as she tells him that she was born in another land (and how the explorer in his soul jumps at that; he wants to soar headlong into a conversation about where she comes from, what she has seen, what worlds and realms she has known) but he schools himself with the patience that he has practicing of late. His pace quickens as he fights back the questions but he lets the young mare share what she wishes and offers a friendly smile when she finishes, "well, welcome to the North then."

It's a silly joke since she's already been here for a year. But he hopes she'll accept his welcome all the same, as late as it is.

The sound of a familiar voice cuts between their conversation and Nashua's grin broadens, becoming a mirror of his brother's. He watches the lovers greet each other and as the brothers fall into their familial banter, he grins down to fine-boned @[Borderline]. "I think he was afraid you would learn who the handsome twin is," Nash replies. His green eyes flicked up to Yan's with an impish glint. A blink and the rest of the striped pegasus followed his already invisible wings. He was no longer there.

"Better?" he asked. Now @[Yanhua] could be the handsome twin, since Nashua was nowhere to be seen.

NASHUA

html by castlegraphics; art by MirrorLands
    [Image: jCdBK6.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: don't let your wonder turn into closure - by Nashua - 11-29-2020, 01:35 PM