• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[TAKEOVER]  The storm likes to go where it's not invited
    The colt seems to see something funny about me, which admittedly may be a first. Lots of kids were always scared of my rather thick draft built and color-changing eyes. Add the occasional maniacal grin and voilá, pointy teeth do the rest. The water-winged boy is different though, and I like that about him. Bold but not too touchy. When he’s done mimicking however, he throws out a name I do not recognize. So, I slowly shake my head. ”Can’t say that I remember the name. What’s he look like?” And, perhaps, the rest of his family - fairies know I haven’t kept track of some of my children, and especially not their mates and offspring. It is possible than one has inherited icy scales - or, just as likely not. I know most of my kids were roan and carried some gold, but whatever comes after I cannot possibly know.

Sometimes I wish I could read minds - in this instance, when Poppy’s head tosses, I would have enjoyed the bay woman’s answer, and probably accepted it as a good reason. Alas, no such tricks for me, so when she tosses her head I find no answer, only defiance. She comes close to tell me what I already know - lightning is with her, and the spark on her face only amplifies her words. A small zapping sensation reaches my ears, the only un-scaled part of my head, but my eyes have a green spark on them when she retreats with a mischievous grin of her own. ”Show-off,” I tell her but it is most likely lost in the thunderclap that follows. As a result, the ground beneath me doesn’t scorch, because I unload the charge in a rather different way. I don’t really know how it works, how for a moment lightning existed between us - but I’m glad for it anyway, seeing as I’m not ran through with the stuff but rather it seems to pass around me*.

A low chuckle follows. ”Don’t get boring. We’ve been through this before.” I tssk, then look at the boy just to check if he isn’t harmed by our decharging. Her question grows more serious however, and I suppose it’s time to make a stand. Trouble is, none of the so-called leaders or council members have followed me here. Which means they don’t get a say, I suppose. ”Depends. If you grow boring and plan on screeching only, I’d rather you bothered your adoptive mom with it than me.” I let my shoulders roll a little - it really isn’t much of a bother, just inconvenient if she turns out to be a disappointment rather than an investment. Time will tell, and I won’t claim to be good at predictions - when all I’ve tried to be is unpredictable.
    they say I did something bad, then why’s it feel so good?

@[Popinjay] @[crowns]
    *ice conducts positive charge but not negative charge (which lightning is), so he unloads in the opposite way (and most likely through poppy as she is the negatively charged one - yay physics - hope this is okay! Thought it was more fun than stepping out of range ^^
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: The storm likes to go where it's not invited - by Leilan - 11-25-2020, 07:16 AM