• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

dawn disrupts me; any
    He made the stars rain down around them and she was mesmerized by that. It would have been just as bad (or better!) if he’d shown up as a talking snake. That’s the stuff that even her wildest dreams fail to come up with that Moonlet loves. She’d probably have asked to kiss him to see if he’d turn into a prince or her true love, even though she knows you’re only supposed to kiss frogs and that stuff happens. This is her story though, and she’ll swap a frog for a serpent any day if it promises to be as magical as everything else but Moonlet is. 

Nevertheless, she has this burning desire to touch him but holds back. What if he’s a mirage and touching him would cause all this to shatter into some fantastic dream conjured up because she’d fallen asleep during a meteor shower? Pain comes with that thought and it constricts her heart with a serpent’s hold that squeezes and squeezes until it knocks the breath from her lungs in a low whoosh that she hadn’t meant for it to come out but there it is, some small rushed exhalation that doesn’t quite break the spell but makes her inch her nose out just that much further.

“So close…” she murmurs like a dreamer stuck in a dream and oh! What a fabulous dream to be having! Until he admits he doesn’t know how he does it, then the stars stop falling and he sighs. Whatever spell she is under is still not entirely broken as she manages to finally close that small gap between them and she touches him with her soft nose. “It was beautiful though,” she assures him, as if he needed such an assurance. He’ll probably just think her odd for thinking falling stars are beautiful. 

It probably harkens back to that old adage that there’s beauty in chaos and she looks beyond him to the small fires burning in the summer grass where the shooting stars had rained down. She cannot even pity the earth for burning because it just happens, even if he caused it unintentionally. She nudges him to look in the same direction that she is, “Look, they fell for you and now they burn for you.” and there was something beautiful in that too, in the way the faint fire glow reached her eyes and chased the shadows off her plain face as she stared fully at him now.

Just one kiss… her odd fanciful brain murmured but Moonlet just smiled at him, wondering how he was galaxy-touched and magnificent and how lucky she is to have him stumble upon her!

@[gravitas] omg I love him! ❤️❤️❤️

Messages In This Thread
    dawn disrupts me; any - by Moonlet - 10-04-2020, 03:46 PM
    RE: dawn disrupts me; any - by gravitas - 10-04-2020, 05:34 PM
    RE: dawn disrupts me; any - by Moonlet - 10-05-2020, 06:14 AM
    RE: dawn disrupts me; any - by gravitas - 10-06-2020, 05:02 PM
    RE: dawn disrupts me; any - by Moonlet - 11-01-2020, 12:20 PM