• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  soon turned out had a heart of glass
    DON'T KNOW HOW TO KEEP LOVING YOU
    NOW THAT I KNOW YOU SO WELL

Mako has spent much of her life hiding, fitting in neither here nor there. Months spent in Loess, growing warm and alone next to Castile--followed by years spent with Salem, finding freedom and pain in their perpetual push and pull. But she doesn't hide in a storm, no--she comes alive, raucous and savage, much like the dragons she grew up with. Full of life, filled to the brim with energy, ecstatic and dancing.

When Garett arrives, Mako hardly notices. The hanging vines blind her and the pattering rain distracts her, but when he speaks--oh, that darling, friendly voice--she practically launches forward.

"Hiding?" she barks with a laugh, rushing forward to press them into a fervent embrace. "I could never hide from the rain," comes a final, giggling rebuttal. Mako moves to pull away but reaches forward for one last playful tug of Garett's mane. It's truly a delight to meet him again, both because Salem has been gone for so long and because Mako often thinks of their time together quite . . . fondly. A little flush rushes to her cheeks, warm and welcome, at the memory of how he had first made her feel.

Strong and beautiful. She'd crushed hard, then.

Mako finds that flutter again, peering into his warm eyes.

"I'm so happy to see you again, Garett. What are you doing in the rain?" she asks, a shy grin quickly following.

MAKO

@[Garett]

Messages In This Thread
    soon turned out had a heart of glass - by mako - 10-18-2020, 04:01 PM
    RE: soon turned out had a heart of glass - by mako - 10-25-2020, 10:12 PM