• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you've been talking with your fists | oceane
    Gale
    run away with me--
    lost souls and reverie

running wild and running free

Oceane’s confirmation of Lepis’ death extinguishes a flicker of hope in Gale’s chest that the brindle stallion hadn’t even been aware of.

Fate had already interrupted the bond that he should have shared with his mother, and his own decision to keep his distance had only furthered that. Best to not get attached, he’d though. Yet he feels cold, suddenly, in a way he had not anticipated. It is as though some part of his body he had never thought much about is suddenly gone, and he is somehow less without it.

There is little time for him to process his own reaction though, not before Oceane’s smiling façade crumples in front of him.

Gale takes a step forward, attempting to raise her chin up if she would let him. In his eyes is the empathy that he cannot escape, even without the true magic of it in his veins. He doesn’t mean it to cheer her, and instead takes another step forward so he might wrap his head over hers in an embrace. The opalescent mare seems smaller than she had when they first met, and it takes Gale a moment to remember that he’d not quite been grown when he had last seen the queen in front of him, and it is him that is larger. Larger, but not yet wiser, it seems, not yet incapable of hurt. How many centuries must one live to achieve that feat, Gale wonders?

“I wish I had known her better,”, he says quietly. “From what little I do know though, I think she’d enjoyed being remembered that way. As trying to protect Loess, I mean.”

@[Oceane]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you've been talking with your fists | oceane - by Gale - 10-23-2020, 07:15 AM