• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

burn everything you love then burn the ashes; anyone fun
    The Playground? Porrim's heart sinks – the Meadow is a long enough walk from the Jungle in and of itself, but the Playground is uncomfortably close to the Chamber, and the last thing she wants to see is Gryffen taking her for a stroll to check out all the strange things he'd described to her. As if she couldn't get any further from home! But Annihilate seems very much convinced (well, a little unsure, truth be told, but as convinced as she can make herself look) that she can not only get there on her own, but back as well, and Porrim blows out a troubled breath as the pale stallion speaks up. “Gryffen's right,” she agrees, trying not to look overly sour about this as she reaches to brush her muzzle against the filly's shoulder in return. “I'm surprised your mother let you come out this far by yourself. I'll walk with you – at least part of the way. Your cousin's been there all afternoon, anyway.” Another lie – Uisce would be coming four now, and even if he wasn't too old for the Playground, she has no idea where on earth he's gone. “Shall we-?”

The words die on her lips as she follows Gryffen's stare – there is a small herd of deer bolting hell for leather from the treeline, and smoke billowing over the treetops. It's impossible. Too cold for forest fires. This is not a natural blaze. Immediately, Porrim takes a step closer to Annihilate with an uneasy rustle of her wings as she focuses on the shape emerging from the trees. The sight of Gendry does little to improve her mounting concern, and the yellow mare snorts, skin prickling with the urge to shift – into – hell, what can she possibly turn into that would be remotely fireproof? She has no idea, and anyway, Gendry has reached their little crowd by now, settling behind the filly with a displeased sort of look. He is a little less alarming now that he's not on fire, and though Porrim cannot smell the Jungle on him over all the smoke, a longer look at him finds her settling down considerably.

He wastes precious little time in giving Annihilate a piece of his mind, and Porrim finally – slooowly – steps away from the girl, catching Gendry's eye with a faint smile when he goggles at her for a brief moment. She doesn't recall having seen him around the Jungle, but then again, she'd tended to keep to herself, and she'd definitely heard his name often enough – so when he introduces himself, she nods, offering Gryffen a sweet smile before returning her attention to the orange stallion. “Porrim,” she responds. “Tell your mother I said hello, will you? It was lovely meeting you too, sweetheart,” she adds, flashing Annihilate a mildly sympathetic (albeit somewhat relieved) glance. With that, she turns and saunters past their red-eyed companion. “Nice speaking with you, Gryffen,” she murmurs, smiling wryly. “Afternoon.” And with that, she ambles off – though she has not, she thinks, seen the last of a certain adventurous filly.

OOC; I am excusing Porrim since she's due in a little under a week and I'll never forgive myself if I try to juggle threads in two separate seasons. ;p I love everyone in this thread, jsyk. Heart

Messages In This Thread
    RE: burn everything you love then burn the ashes; anyone fun - by Porrim - 09-01-2015, 04:38 PM