• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

le moins aimé; Gryffen

She looks over at her daughter, entranced with the raven's movements. Minette snorts, not altogether pleased at Gryffen's choice of playmate. The bird seems unimpressed, but its talons are sharp.

"I call her Sette." Minette offers tonelessly. She is grateful that he allowed her the choice of name, and she will not apologize for it now. She will not tell him, but Anguisette was the name of her sister. A shadowy, delicate figure she remembers in bits and pieces, but never enough to satisfy. Min hopes that family will come again to her mind but a part of her wonders if perhaps the past is more painful than her present.

There is a pause as the parents watch their child. Minette would normally wait for Gryffen to begin speaking, but she has questions that she wants answered without little ears about. His response about the Chamber did not calm her worries.

"Will you give her a choice, or is she to be your pawn without any say, as I am?" Minette asks. Her tone borders on disrespectful, but she cannot seem to contain it. Perhaps it is the exhaustion of childbirth, or the many months without a visit from Gryffen. Whatever it is, the pale gray mare feels bolder. "Will she be allowed to know her mother even after-if you take her?"

Minette shudders at the mention of more children and glares at him darkly. Her voice is so soft that Gryffen would need to strain to hear, but she has no doubt he will. "You will fight for the children you wish to put in my womb. I will not accept them willingly"

The words are out of her mouth before she can recall them, but there is relief and desperate fear in them. She cannot win a battle with him, but she has no plans to make his conquest easy. Her foray in the Meadow, and the things she's learned, have given her a measure of strength. She has no hope for herself. But perhaps she has much for her daughter.

This will not be her life. Minette thinks.

ooc: I figured Anguisette's question can come after gryffen and Min talk, and you can feel free to play Sette and have her flit off after her question is answered. ;-)

Messages In This Thread
    le moins aimé; Gryffen - by Minette - 08-31-2015, 08:56 PM
    RE: le moins aimé; Gryffen - by Gryffen - 08-31-2015, 09:34 PM
    le moins aimé; Gryffen - by Anguisette - 09-01-2015, 11:00 AM
    le moins aimé; Gryffen - by Minette - 09-01-2015, 11:14 AM
    RE: le moins aimé; Gryffen - by Gryffen - 09-01-2015, 01:36 PM
    le moins aimé; Gryffen - by Anguisette - 09-01-2015, 03:02 PM
    le moins aimé; Gryffen - by Minette - 09-01-2015, 03:24 PM
    RE: le moins aimé; Gryffen - by Gryffen - 09-07-2015, 12:25 PM
    le moins aimé; Gryffen - by Anguisette - 09-08-2015, 04:19 PM
    le moins aimé; Gryffen - by Minette - 09-08-2015, 04:31 PM