• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

when opportunity knocks

sometimes we want what we want --
        -- even if we know it’s going to kill us.

Straia chuckles at the girls retort, clearly amused and not annoyed by such a quip. Some might fear to say such a thing to her, but she is hardly so bad. In reality, she enjoys such banter, enjoys someone brave enough to challenge her. Or really, to simply be themselves in her presence. “I could shrink,” she says with a playful grin, suddenly turning into the size of a mouse. ”Or I could grow,” she says, voice far from small enough to fit a mouse, and in a moment she is twice the size she was before. After another moment, she returns to her normal size.

”Such magic is still strange. I wonder if I will ever get used to the new skills Beqanna has given me.” She calls instead to the familiar power of ravens, her favorite still and always. A large black bird appears on her back, settling there as it had when they’d met long ago. ”How have you been doing, and Nerine, for that matter?” Of course she knows what has happened, but the question is clear enough. She wants to know how they have been doing since. Perhaps she even cares.

-- straia

the raven queen

@[Popinjay]

Use of mild power playing is allowed; no injuries without permission

Messages In This Thread
    when opportunity knocks - by Straia - 09-21-2020, 03:33 PM
    RE: when opportunity knocks - by Popinjay - 09-25-2020, 03:17 PM
    RE: when opportunity knocks - by Straia - 09-28-2020, 04:08 PM
    RE: when opportunity knocks - by Popinjay - 10-06-2020, 09:57 AM
    RE: when opportunity knocks - by Straia - 10-16-2020, 08:42 AM
    RE: when opportunity knocks - by Popinjay - 11-06-2020, 03:13 PM
    RE: when opportunity knocks - by Straia - 11-17-2020, 09:14 AM