• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  we might never land

Mesec keeps his eyes closed at first, though his ears twitch with the sound of someone landing nearby. He is not a presumptuous stallion, does not assume that anyone might find him interesting enough as he stands quietly in the night.

Only when the hooffalls come closer do those silver eyes open and he turns his head - a smile already forming on his silver-lined face at the prospect of company. From the shine of her golden eyes to the beautiful metallic-dripped wings, she’s daylight and summer and for a heartbeat too long Mesec is dazzled into silence.

It’s an honest reaction that he is slow to shake off.

“I’m…” He hears the ridiculousness of his own voice as though he is speaking in slow-motion and it snaps him out of his daze - a slightly brighter but more embarrassed smile taking over from the soft moonlight one of moments ago. “I’m Mesec. Sorry I was…” And here he tilts his head a little and laughs in a soft chuckle at himself.  “Can you still call it daydreaming if it’s night outside?”

He sheds his embarrassment quickly enough, shoving it aside as he gestures with his head up to the heavens. “It’s so easy to get lost in the stars.” 

Mesec

@[alaska]

Messages In This Thread
    we might never land - by Mesec - 08-09-2020, 06:33 PM
    RE: we might never land - by alaska - 08-09-2020, 11:02 PM
    RE: we might never land - by Mesec - 10-10-2020, 07:34 PM
    RE: we might never land - by alaska - 11-22-2020, 01:23 AM
    RE: we might never land - by Mesec - 11-28-2020, 05:19 PM
    RE: we might never land - by alaska - 12-02-2020, 06:01 PM
    RE: we might never land - by Mesec - 12-03-2020, 07:01 PM