• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

in my dream i’m a lost child; any
    Leilan
    Nerine’s cliffs are a welcome sight and a terrifying one - the grey sands and caves hold memories I’ve long since leaving them, tried to forget about. Today, I find myself there because I need to not be found. And maybe, just maybe I’ll find the closure I need - if not, though, perhaps a satisfaction at destroying that one cave from my memories - if I can’t kill the memory, can’t kill the mare herself, then I’ll shank the cave.

My draconic paws stride truthfully, purposeful, and slightly tensed with anger and anticipation. I do not make it today, however - I find a stranger on the beach, and when she nears me in her flight over the grey sand, my body is pushed into the equally dark rocks, surrounding myself with an unnatural shadow. I don’t want to be seen right now... but the sun is peeking over the horizon when the young mare stops, and I grunt.

She’ll see my shadows as unnatural, what with the sun coming up. They’ll find me, and the task I set myself up to, will have to wait.

Why did it have to be Yanhua in the Alliance, I’ll often wonder. How come I didn’t know about his echoes? When did he pick up on Breckin, of all memories, and why did he have to use it then?

And why does it bother me so much?

Grimacing, my scaled tail slams against the wall I’ve sidled up to in powerless frustration. Then, I drop the aura (by now she’ll have noticed it, or me, even if it was for the sounds I made - and I don’t think I care). ”And who are you?” I demand to know. Nerine is mine, like the Isle, like Taiga - mine to find happiness in or to destroy that kind of thing if I so please. For so long I’ve been a silent guardian, for so long I’ve tried to keep up a good pace, a smile, and work for others.

It’s my turn now, and I won’t let anyone ruin it. I won’t let myself be distracted again.
    I make no promises
    I can’t do golden rings

Image commissioned by Vanilla, made by AshesDrawn on DA

@[Moonlet] bot said Lei so here he is, but he’s not happy I suspect :|
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    in my dream i’m a lost child; any - by Moonlet - 10-05-2020, 06:38 PM
    RE: in my dream i’m a lost child; any - by Leilan - 10-08-2020, 12:43 PM