• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

love on the auction block; blasphemare

blasphemare

Blasphemare remembers the flies, even though it has been such a long time since they have bothered her. She remembers how miserable summers used to be, with the flies biting at her skin in places where her black fur was thin and sparse. Ever since she obtained magic, however, she could shield against them. She simply manipulates the density of her skin so they can’t bite her. That didn’t, however, stop them from trying, which was annoying. Sometimes she would whoosh them off with a burst of wind about her body, other times, she simply uses her tail, conserving on energy. After all, the sun beats down on them during the hottest part of the day, and there aren’t exactly a lot of shadows to use shadow magic.

She could move to a more shaded area, but she had learned long ago that to put herself at her weakest state would give her the opportunity to strengthen her knowledge about her magical gifts, because there might come a time when she needed to use those abilities. Take for instance the battlegrounds in Beqanna. Right now, as I write, there is an Alliance going on. Blasphemare knew of it, and had passed by the battlegrounds for a time to observe. Those lands were barren and the sun beat down relentlessly upon the backs of the fighters.

Aqorix stands beneath her tail right now. Blasphemare extended the courtesy of protection to him, as well, utilizing the tiny little shadow he leaves on the ground to do so. Thought he does not just stand there. He dances in place, weaving from side to side and then prancing in place, while also making little jumps and hops. It would have been quite annoying, except that those pesky emotions were still missing, so instead, she stands there protectively swatting flies from her playing child, of which is the only thing she has had any kind of semblance of emotions for in nearly a year.

She felt the other approach long before she spoke. Still, Blasphemare doesn’t move to look at her until she spoke. "Would that I could,” she says in return. "Unfortunately, Carnage’s quest has left me incapable of enjoying much of anything.” In fact, she hadn’t even enjoyed motherhood as she had in the past.
    She could feel the annoyance rising off the mare, like an unpleasant odor in the air, and her red eyes tell her it is the flies that bother her. "Would you like me to fix that problem? The flies, I mean”

"Name’s Blasphemare, and you are?

Like a fine, aged wine

Messages In This Thread
    RE: love on the auction block; blasphemare - by Blasphemare - 10-06-2020, 08:12 PM