• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  on my tallest tiptoes

Beyza had, incorrectly, assumed that Aela had talked before but somehow lost the ability. Perhaps that a magical spell had been cast around the girl and rendered her mute.

So she was not prepared for the flood of emotions that came with the realization that her name was the first word Aela had ever spoken. A lightness that is too-rare in the serious girl shines in her face as soon as she realizes what Aela is trying to say - and then the bright smile Aela wears when she accomplishes the feat is mirrored by a dazzling one in Beyza’s eyes.

She's delighted that her magic worked and honoured more than she might have expected.

The smile softens the “That’s wonderful!” that slips out, making it (hopefully) impossible to misinterpret - because it really was absolutely genuine and not condescending at all. She thinks her mother or father might’ve said something like that to her and her twin when they first spoke, though the memories of that happy time are wrapped up in a haze she can not quite seem to get through.

She feels proud of Aela in a way similar to what she feels when Caledonia does something (anything).

Not knowing how to speak that feeling out loud, she tries to push it out across the distance between them, hoping it’s not strange because it feels so wonderful.

Not knowing what else to say, she asks a question with (theoretically) a simple answer - one that could either be spoken or shown to her, an offer to give the other girl a chance to practice or not as she chose. “Where are you from?”

beyza

artwork by lunargraphics

@[Aela]

Messages In This Thread
    on my tallest tiptoes - by Aela - 08-13-2020, 08:49 PM
    RE: on my tallest tiptoes - by Beyza - 08-24-2020, 07:32 PM
    RE: on my tallest tiptoes - by Aela - 08-31-2020, 06:18 PM
    RE: on my tallest tiptoes - by Beyza - 09-02-2020, 04:00 PM
    RE: on my tallest tiptoes - by Aela - 09-03-2020, 04:00 PM
    RE: on my tallest tiptoes - by Beyza - 09-14-2020, 06:00 PM
    RE: on my tallest tiptoes - by Aela - 09-16-2020, 02:05 PM
    RE: on my tallest tiptoes - by Beyza - 09-26-2020, 07:49 PM