• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you've been talking with your fists | oceane
    Gale
    run away with me--
    lost souls and reverie

running wild and running free

Closing his eyes, Gale breathes in the smell of the summer air. It is full of scents he has no name for, of horses he does not know and plants he’s never seen. His memories of this place are solely visions, he cannot recall the taste of a prickly pear or the smell of the blue orchids that bloom beside the saltiest spring.

By the time he opens his eyes again, the distant speck has grown near enough to recognize as a pegasus. Gale remains still, allowing the other horse to close the space between them.

“Oceane!” He says, just as she greets him with ‘Blue’. The enthusiasm in his voice is not a match for her own more somber tone, and the bright smile that has flashed to life on the brindle stallion’s face is replaced by the same hesitance that had been present prior to recognizing the opaline woman.

There are shadows in her eyes, shadows that do not match the easy pleasantries of a meeting between acquaintances. They match his own, and he responds with a quiet: “Better than you’ve been of late, I hear.” He means the kindom as well, which he looks out at for a long moment, and then meets her amber eyes again.

It has occurred to Gale just now, that Oceane used the name he had chosen, and that she does not know who he is. Who his family is. Who’d they’d been.

“I chose the name Blue,” Gale says. “It turns out I have a real one, and that it’s Gale.”

Had Lepis mentioned him, he wonders? Had she told the purple blue mare of her lost son?

@[Oceane]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you've been talking with your fists | oceane - by Gale - 10-04-2020, 07:08 PM