• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  and you will see me
    Isilya

yet it was not that nature had shed o'er the scene
    her purest of crystal and brightest of green

Isilya’s often wondered whether having her flower-birds dance and weave through the canopy of Tephra is considered spying, and if that’s rude of her. There aren’t many of them - it’s hardly a network - and they don’t listen or store memories of what they might come across. But they do help her keep an eye on the general wellbeing of the families that live here.

They do have a magical waterfall that can help, of course - she just likes to be helpful if she can!

And, every so often, it pays off.

Isilya is standing in the water, daydreaming, doing her favourite activity of opening her magic and letting tendrils of it seep into the stream, the dirt, the trees, just to root herself into the natural wonders that make this place happen.

The same time she feels sickness carried from farther up the stream, a bird woven of bright hibiscus and the deepest green grasses alerts her that there is a sick foal further upstream. Isilya’s magic snaps back into her body as her gold and green eyes open and she teleports without a moment’s hesitation.

She appears in the stream again with a soft splash, but upstream now from the colt - concern removing her usual smile. There’s something… not off, but new about the colt. It feels similar to when she first met Leliana - and though Isilya wonders whether this is his body rejecting whatever is trying to settle in his skin, she is currently less worried about the cause and more focused on just making him feel better before he collapses into the water.

Isilya focuses on the boy, rather than his mother - a fact that she'll feel a little guilty about later.

“Oh you poor dear. We'll have you feeling better in no time.” Comes the first words, gentle, and she touches her golden muzzle to the stream - causing the water to shimmer with healing properties, more soothing than just natural water to hopefully ease away the unnatural heat so evident from the steam rolling off of him. Vines creep into the water and weave together to create a pool, calming the current and allowing the magic to eddy around the colt - and giving him one less thing to fight against.

’twas not her soft magic of streamlet or rill
    oh! no, it was something more exquisite still

OBVIOUSLY I gotta @[crowns]

Messages In This Thread
    and you will see me - by crowns - 10-02-2020, 07:43 PM
    RE: and you will see me - by Isilya - 10-02-2020, 08:24 PM
    RE: and you will see me - by crowns - 10-02-2020, 08:57 PM
    RE: and you will see me - by Isilya - 10-05-2020, 08:23 PM
    RE: and you will see me - by crowns - 10-08-2020, 09:36 PM
    RE: and you will see me - by Isilya - 10-15-2020, 07:41 PM
    RE: and you will see me - by crowns - 10-18-2020, 03:05 PM
    RE: and you will see me - by Isilya - 10-22-2020, 09:51 AM