• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

and some by virtue fall; any
    Kushiel did not often use his ability for anything other than parlor tricks to amuse himself or impress women. Sure, at one time a much younger version of himself had imagined his future to be that of a fearsome battle lord who burned everything in his path. He had quickly learned he didn’t have the desire or discipline to do anything even similar to that.

No, the army life was not for him.

The problem, however, with giving up at a young age, was that he had never done much in the way of developing his powers. So, when Vaermina said she was cold, Kushiel knew that he was really in for it. He had to do something, he was hedonistic and selfish, but he wasn’t a total ass. He wasn’t in the  habit of letting kids freeze to death.

Wordlessly, he increased his flames, building them up to blaze in his mane, run down his back, and encircle his legs. He wasn’t really sure how long he could keep it up, but for now the world around them was a little warmer, the snow beneath their feet turning to slush.

She made a joke, and Kushiel grinned. He did love jokes. He chuckled and playfully nudged at her shoulder, trying to rile her.

“I should say so! I may be dreadfully dull but I hope my conversation is greater than that of a tree.” There were probably those who would not think so, but Kushiel was convinced that he was wildly entertaining. Particularly smart, no. Noble, hardly. Hard working, definitely not. He was however, vastly amusing.

“Maybe when you’re older you’ll come visit me in the Chamber. That would be fun, I could show you our flaming tree, and you could meet the other kids.” He considered for a moment, wondering if she would like the Chamber. He couldn’t be sure. He liked it, but that wasn’t saying much. Kushiel was easily entertained.

“Or you could go to one of the other kingdoms. It’s very warm in the Deserts, perhaps you’d like that.” Kushiel tried to hide his scowl. He didn’t have much as far as loyalty went, but his kingdoms had never been on the best of terms with the Deserts. Still, this wasn’t about him, and he tried to remember that.

“I would come visit you, even if you did go to the Deserts.” It was quite a concession, and Kushiel felt pleased with himself. He smiled at his little friend, and wondered what she had done wrong, to have someone like him give her life advice. He was probably the last one worth listening to. If she was smart she’d stick to her own council, but still, perhaps his advice would be useful one day. Everyone had to start somewhere.
    Kushiel
    some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall

Messages In This Thread
    and some by virtue fall; any - by Kushiel - 08-24-2015, 01:46 AM
    RE: and some by virtue fall; any - by Vaermina - 08-24-2015, 01:55 AM
    RE: and some by virtue fall; any - by Kushiel - 08-24-2015, 11:51 AM
    RE: and some by virtue fall; any - by Vaermina - 08-24-2015, 02:57 PM
    RE: and some by virtue fall; any - by Kushiel - 08-24-2015, 11:14 PM
    RE: and some by virtue fall; any - by Vaermina - 08-25-2015, 06:39 AM
    RE: and some by virtue fall; any - by Kushiel - 08-25-2015, 01:37 PM
    RE: and some by virtue fall; any - by Vaermina - 08-26-2015, 05:53 AM
    RE: and some by virtue fall; any - by Kushiel - 08-31-2015, 10:10 PM