• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Whispers in the dark // Balto
    A figure emerges from the dark, eyes glinting like some predator's when they catch the moonglow. Quiet, except for the half-heard mutters that follow me everywhere. For a moment I pause, uncertain, forgetful, and then a stretched out smile pulls my mouth wide. 

"You came," I chirp, in a voice more girlish than my wraith-like body would suggest. My wings, half-feathered, ragged things, hang from my shoulders in a tattered cloak. They flutter in the night breeze as I move to greet my midnight companion. "Balto." I remember. His name is slowly said, barely etched on my conscious. But he is here, as I asked. And that deserves a smile. 

"Walk with me," I invite softly, running the scarred end of my nose along his jaw when he has neared. The scent of damp caves and wet earth still clings to him, odd where the wind blows cold and crisp. There's snow threatening, and my lip curls with distaste. Still. There's more important things to discuss while the moon hangs fat and yellow above us. 

It's my trail of blood he's followed to find me here, the steady dripping of red that any fool could trace. He would only go by night, under cover of shadow, and so I would have him seek me out. Flickering like an equine lightning cloud, and sheltered beneath the Sylvan trees. 

"Welcome to your new home, and my old one," I smirk, only to snarl a moment later. 

Wore a crown and lost it just as quick. 

Weak-willed bitch couldn't hold on to what was handed to her.

All twat and no brain. Didn't get you far, did it? What makes you think this time will be any different.

"Because I have him this time," I snap, tail thrashing at nothing. At everything. The shadows throb in the corners of my vision, wet and slimy where the light hits. Until I turn my head. And then they're just trees, rough barked and stoic while my heart pounds. For a moment I imagine burning every one of them to the ground, which settles me back down. I won't do it. Yet. But the idea is entertaining.

@[Balto]

Messages In This Thread
    Whispers in the dark // Balto - by Sabra - 09-06-2020, 07:18 PM
    RE: Whispers in the dark // Balto - by Balto - 09-09-2020, 07:01 PM
    RE: Whispers in the dark // Balto - by Sabra - 09-09-2020, 08:07 PM
    RE: Whispers in the dark // Balto - by Balto - 09-12-2020, 10:25 AM
    RE: Whispers in the dark // Balto - by Sabra - 09-12-2020, 07:56 PM
    RE: Whispers in the dark // Balto - by Balto - 09-15-2020, 08:05 PM
    RE: Whispers in the dark // Balto - by Sabra - 09-25-2020, 10:36 PM
    RE: Whispers in the dark // Balto - by Balto - 09-27-2020, 07:46 PM