• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  loneliness has always been with me, any

ridiculous

do you think I’m funny?

”That’s not a very nice name.” The words ring in his ears, and he draws back slightly. Not a nice name? He chuckles softly at this. ”I guess I can see where you are coming from, but personally, I like the name. I think it suits me quite well, as I am a bit ridiculous. Like, one time, I was practicing my time manipulation, and I managed to get stuck in a time stream, jumping forward hour by hour until I landed about a hundred years in the future!” He laughs at himself.  ”And then, to make matters worse, I fell into the river and couldn’t get back out. When I did, there was a fishy-mare-thing watching me with her foal and she called me food! Can you believe it? Me, food?!? I bet I’d taste rather bitter and harsh. Or at least I’d hope I would taste bitter and harsh, because I don’t want no one eating me! But anyway, when I went to walk away, I fell into the river, again, and the fishy-mare-thing came after me, but then saved me when she realized that I had time manipulation, which was a gift of hers as well! He laughs at himself, again.

She introduces herself, and he tilts his head slightly, making his large, gangly figure look quite foolish–though he always looks kind of foolish. Astra? That’s a nice name. I think it suits you, because you are nice–and pretty. He smiles a goofy kind of grin that makes him look even more foolish, and a hint of embarrassment sends a shock through him, though thankfully for her, it is only a slight feeling that dissipates quickly.

When she asks about his name, his face breaks out in a rather large grin. ”Well, mama couldn’’t come up with a good name for me, but when she realized how clumsy I am, she fondly named me Ridiculous. I guess it’s as simple as that.” He is quite proud of his name, even though she thinks it’s kind of mean. Blasphemare had loved him and meant well, despite how it might sound.

As he stands there, now relieved that he isn’t embarrassing himself once more, he notices that she is breathing quite heavily, as if she had just run a marathon. No doubt this was as a result of the overwhelming emotions she’d experienced leaching off of him, but he couldn’t have known that. ”Hey, are you okay? he asks. ”You’re breathing quite heavily.”

Messages In This Thread
    RE: loneliness has always been with me, any - by Ridiculous - 09-03-2020, 07:17 PM