• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

god knows, i am dissonance; dempsey

be patient, I am getting to the point —

“Makai didn’t send me,” he says quietly, and he is not sure whether that would be something that hurt or relieved her. Frankly, Dempsey had never seen the wild-eyed stallion in her thoughts around the meadow, and he is glad of it. “Not that I would have come if he had asked…” his voice trails off in thought, lifting his handsome head to ponder the idea. He had done unsavory things in his past before, things he was not entirely proud to admit, but all in all, Dempsey was never a particularly cruel creature. Lazy, apathetic, slightly arrogant, intrusive—he was all of those things and more, but never outright cruel.

Shaking himself of the idea, he gave her a kind smile, “If it makes you feel any better, I have seen much worse thoughts than your own. You are relatively tame, in fact.” He reaches out to nudge her neck lightly, ignoring the wings that seemed to bend and shape at her will. He knew he would not be able to convince her of that fact, but it was true. Throughout his years, he had read everything from the most grotesque of thoughts to the most bland—there was little that could shock him anymore. What he saw in her was just pain (agony) and confusion and mistrust, but it was nothing to be ashamed of, at least to him.

“Think of it this way: now there are no secrets between us,” his gold-flecked eyes brighten slightly, “so there is no reason for this to not be a completely safe space.” He is not entirely sure why he has decided to adopt her problems as his own, but it seemed like a simple decision now. After all, he had been entirely too bored and Oksana seemed anything but boring. Why not pass his time doing something that may be somewhat useful? If it ended up being too much work, he could always wash his hands of it.

Nudging her again, he took a step forward, “Let’s take a walk.” He found it helped to be moving when untangling one’s self from their own thorny emotions. Being in some sort of motion seemed to ease the tension that threatened to crack your heart—that painful pressure from within. He gave a quick side glance toward her before looking forward again, rolling his shoulders, “There are always places to go, by the way. We could go claim a herd land if you’d like privacy or just make the meadow our kingdom. I have wandered a long time without tying myself down—I can show you how to disappear.”

dempsey

© Todd Quackenbrush

Messages In This Thread
    god knows, i am dissonance; dempsey - by Oksana - 08-17-2015, 11:52 PM
    RE: god knows, i am dissonance; dempsey - by dempsey - 08-29-2015, 08:48 PM