• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

that heart is so cold (group from the b2g thread)
    He knows well just how unyielding he can be when he so chooses. He knows many dislike his particular brand of bluntness. And mostly, he does not care. He does not feel the need to be loved, nor even liked, by all. In any case, those who cannot see past their pride long enough to see the veracity and worth of his words are not those he wishes to call friends. He is also not stupid enough to alienate those whose support he might one day need. The dark stallion had finally, after a fashion, answered the questions he had asked. He is canny enough to realize that it is a time to give it a rest.

Though his expression does not change, he gives Errant a brief nod of acceptance. He can easily see how useful magic could be for the Tundra. The kingdom had remained stagnant for too long. He knows that the Valley has a magician king of its own. If they ever wished to be as great of a kingdom as they once had been, he knows that they need as much or more of an advantage than their fellow kingdoms.

As Brennen begins to speak, Hurricane turns his ebony gaze to the bay stallion. He listens in thoughtful silence to the man’s speech. He will freely admit that the stallion’s words are sensible. Despite Errant’s amendments, he does not yet trust the stallion. Pulling teeth would have been easier than it had been trying to wrest answers from the stallion. He could not wholeheartedly throw his weight behind the scarred stallion as king, though he would not object if that is how the others chose to cast their own votes.

When Brennen finishes speaking, Hurricane glances around at all those gathered, curious as to their reactions to the stallion’s words. When none speak, the gray stallion puts his own opinion forth.

I must say that trust is most easily earned with honesty and action. I will not stand in the way should you choose to place Errant on the throne, but for the time being I will hold my vote in reserve. You are all aware of my opinions already, I am sure.

Having said what he felt he needed, he steps back. His dark eyes move amongst those present, quietly watching, giving them space to make their own decisions.
    There is never a day that goes by
    that is a good day to die.
    Hurricane
    html c Insane

Messages In This Thread
    the walls kept tumbling down; - by Brennen - 04-03-2015, 07:42 PM
    there is never a day that goes by... - by Hurricane - 04-09-2015, 07:44 PM