• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Give me a reason - isakov
    throw me in the water, don’t think about the splash i will create
    leave me at the altar, knowing all the things you just escaped

It is the laughter that so thoroughly arrests his attention.
    He is half-submerged in the depths himself, reveling in how sweetly the current pulls at his skin, when he hears it.

It is the sound as much as the current that pulls him along. Moves him easy downriver, buoyed by the light that laughter injects into his chest. It almost makes him weightless, such a terribly beautiful sound.

And it is no surprise to find that it comes from a terribly beautiful mouth when he finds her. But she has gone silent by then and it is just the sound of the river running and of him moving against it as he approaches.

The laughter is gone and he finds he’d do anything to have it back. He tilts his head as he draws closer then, studying her, letting the sight of her thrill him in ways he does not understand. And in her he sees the shimmer, too, bone-deep. How captivated he is by her.

Are you all right?” he asks, the voice smooth, “I heard you laughing.” He admits this without even a glimmer of self-consciousness. It does not occur to him to be embarrassed that she had enraptured him so completely. But he smiles, a crooked thing, blinks those golden eyes at her. “It was such a beautiful sound, why did you stop?

isakov

Messages In This Thread
    Give me a reason - isakov - by Elain - 08-23-2020, 10:51 PM
    RE: Give me a reason - isakov - by isakov - 08-28-2020, 03:50 PM
    RE: Give me a reason - isakov - by Elain - 09-13-2020, 09:56 PM
    RE: Give me a reason - isakov - by isakov - 09-16-2020, 03:17 PM