• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  ain't no grave can hold my body down
    COBAIN
    i said i'd not come back. well, i'm coming back - and you'd better be alone.
    She simply smiles and keeps in time with every step of this dance. He's growing suspicious that she may be too much like him, that they are two halves of the same depraved coin. But she says she rarely needs to be asked and a genuine laugh finds its way from his lips to settle melodically in her ears. She doesn't return his question and he finds himself thankful for that. Cobain isn't from anywhere, really. He could never pledge his heart to anyone or anywhere.

Aurorae seems delighted to feel his teeth across her skin and so he offers her a second, third love bite near the corner of her jaw before withholding such affections from her for a while. Would she squirm after such a fleeting taste of his attention? He lifts his chin from her and stares at the sky as he weighs her question in his mind. Of course, he had not cared for his own early grave, but he would be overjoyed to see others put in theirs. Such a bittersweet relationship to have with death.

"Hmm, others', perhaps. I don't believe dying and death are quite my forte, though," he finally says as his gaze finds hers again. Breath by breath, he grows wary of her and her practiced mannerisms. She reminds him of the woman that set off the chain of events that killed him. Oh, but his lecherous heart just aches to dance that line between here and danger again! Cobain places a delicate kiss near the corner of her brilliant smile to be sure he still has her nibbling at his hook a while longer.

"You know, you pluck and tease my heartstrings like you've done this before," he says. It's a lie, naturally, but he has rehearsed it again and again after someone spoke the words to him before. It had almost made him feel a shade of guilt beneath the pristine walls guarding that raw, angry heart. Now he waits to see if it draws anything up from the depths of her as well.
    @[aurorae]

Messages In This Thread
    ain't no grave can hold my body down - by cobain - 07-27-2020, 03:38 PM
    RE: ain't no grave can hold my body down - by cobain - 08-23-2020, 12:05 AM