• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  if you never bleed, you're never gonna grow
    won’t you drag the lake and bring me home again
    She comes here to cry not because it is quiet, but the exact opposite - it is loud, and she cannot be heard here. Her sobs can echo against the crashing waves along the shore and she can scream and cry as the seabreeze snatches the sound of her voice from the air, pulling it out to see and vanishing with it. It is here that she can let loose all of her emotions, the ones she is becoming all too intimate with and the ones she still doesn’t have a name for. Envy. Wrath. Fear. Discontent.

Whatever they are, she doesn’t understand them. She is meant to be an angel, a being of pure light. Instead she is crumbling into something she doesn’t recognize, a monster she hasn’t seen since that day Ghaul had come crawling to her, broken and bloodied beyond recognition. When she had realized that her soulmate was nearly stripped away from her that day, it had filled her with such a rage that she had nearly bathed Beqanna with golden fire. It had only been Ghaul’s rattling breath and heartbreaking gasps that had quieted her soul, but she’s afraid she doesn’t have anything tethering her to her purity anymore.

He’s made quick work of that, burning through her as though she were nothing but a pawn.
    Maybe that’s all she ever was.

In her heightened state of emotion, she doesn’t notice the magenta girl sneaking up beside her until she hears the gentle call. ‘Lady Clarissa?’ the voice says, and she whips her head towards the filly, plastering a perfectly fake smile across her face as she blinks once, twice, to clear away the tears that still fill her golden eyes. She has never met Tarte, but Gar had babbled excitedly about the magenta girl, and eventually Ciri had claimed her friendship as well - before the two of them vanished into thin air.

“Tarte, I assume,” she responds with that fake smile, pushing the words across her teeth with a false tone of happiness that is sure not to fool the child. Cirilla’s scent clings to Tarte and Clarissa’s smile falters briefly. “I assume my daughter is well. Yadigar, as well?”

She doesn’t ask where they ended up, because in the end it doesn’t matter. All she wants is for her children to be happy, wherever they are. They deserve all of the love and happiness in the world, and if that happens to be away from their mother, she is willing to accept it.

@[Tarte]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: if you never bleed, you're never gonna grow - by clarissa - 08-22-2020, 10:20 PM