• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  if you never bleed, you're never gonna grow
    "

I've seen devils, i've seen saints
    I've seen the line between them fade

I feel strange to be back here again. When I'd left with Gar, when Ciri came after, I didn't think I'd ever have reason to stand on this shore again. That was until the angeling had fixed me in her molten gold gaze and asked me to find her mother, and hopefully bring her back to Nerine with me. 

I think of my own mother as I skulk towards the shoreline. Mercurial, bitter, and foreign to any ideas of affection. Why Ciri would want anyone like that with us, I don't know. She's asked though, and I'd rather it be me than her here in hostile grounds. 

I hear her before I see her. 

Between one step and the next, my mind is filled with anguished thoughts. Betrayal. Wrath. Heartbreak. Tears prick at my own eyes as I near the source. Cat-like, I'm clinging to the tumbled boulders that shelter the beach, hooves crunching quietly in the gravely sand. A figure, large and luminous against the horizon stands out in my sight, until she's all I see. 

I've never seen a dragon before. Not a proper one. Gar is caught somewhere between equine and reptile, a hybrid that I love even if I don't understand it. But this lady is something else entirely. Something so pure that it makes my heart plunge. I find myself frozen to the shore before I entirely reach her, and I'm not sure if it's fear or awe that holds me here. A little of both, probably. 

It seems wrong to interrupt her mourning, but I promised Ciri I would find her mother, and I believe that I have. Voice tiny, I call out. "Lady-" My skinny tail whips uncertainly. Clearing my throat, I try again. "Lady Clarissa?" My ears fall into the black mats of my mane as I wait to be acknowledged.

TARTE

@[clarissa]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: if you never bleed, you're never gonna grow - by Tarte - 08-22-2020, 05:31 PM