• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  here's to fresh starts and all that
    l e p i s
    gave me the blues and then purple pink skies
    Mesec seems amused, but before she can congratulate herself on yet another successful jest, the black stallion’s grin dims for a moment. Not as a result of her teasing, Lepis is sure, and indeed his grin returns to its former brightness after only a moment.

That he offers, even if in jest, elicits a laugh from the dun mare. It is a short, quick thing, and one that fades back to the just-friendly smile that she has donned to greet a stranger in her land. It is still a strange thing to laugh, she finds, and the burst of true amusement is unexpected. She is not entirely sure it is welcome, or least not entirely sure she should welcome it.

Best to not dwell too long on her discomfort, the pegasus decides, at least not in another’s company. So she pushes it aside, and with a casual roll of her shoulders tells him that: “Perhaps I could make an exception.” That she has the authority to make such exceptions is implied, assuming that there is a such a requirement. Lepis pointedly does not clarify. “I’ve done so before, when newcomers have something better than blood they might lend to my kingdom.” Her faux serious tone has taken on a bit of superciliousness as she spoke, but it is belayed by the smile that remains.

“What is it Malone saw in you to invite you here, do you think?” She asks, trusting Starsin to have raised an observant son regardless of her husband’s influence.

@[Mesec]
    n | l

Messages In This Thread
    here's to fresh starts and all that - by Mesec - 07-07-2020, 07:12 PM
    RE: here's to fresh starts and all that - by Lepis - 08-09-2020, 07:59 AM