• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  It is the nature of dreams to end // pq help needed

- it's in the eyes, i can tell you will always be danger -
    we had it tonight, why do we always seek absolution?
    LILLIANA

"Ah,” says the Taigan Guardian as she stares down at the murky water. The glow from her forelimb is almost gone but she thinks she can still see its outline, an eerie purple-blue twilight shade that lingers between the river weeds and lake-bottom sediment. "From the Beqanna of Old?” Lilliana speculates as her blue gaze meets Warlight’s tempered one, "From the days of the Tundra and the Jungle and the Dale and the Deserts.”

It’s something that always tugs on the tender strings of her heart (and the thought about Tephra’s healing lake tugs at her mind, wondering what it’s healing properties might do for a Water Magician like Brennen, another member of Tephra and Nerine's Champion). What it must be like to come back to a world that you no longer recognize. A world that has shifted and everything you knew was gone. To be a memory and then suddenly exist again, in a mind (a world) that you didn’t know at all. 

"Dazzling, I think you mean,” she teases. "Alluring.”
    She laughs - something bright despite the dark around them - like she has heard this all before.

It seems easier to make light of her actual light than phrase the concern she has; that for as much as jokes about it with Warlight, there is little use for this gift. So Lilliana listens as the painted woman tells her that quest the Faeries sent her on was to appreciate those ‘gifts’ that the Tephran sought to take away. There it was, the most basic law of Magic: give and take, tug and pull. Balance, she thinks, even if the mare before has a cough that even the copper mare can feel rattling her lungs.

The sound makes her glow come back, even shining on the gold of the flame on her right shoulder.

Kagerus’ daughter is a proud soul, Lilliana thinks admiringly. "No begging required,” she says, taking a wading step forward. "Hopefully that won’t upset the Faeries?” There is a half-smile on that dark mouth, an attempt to put @[Warlight] at ease. The labored breathing of the other mare worries her. ”I’m a Healer,” Lilli admits. "I don’t know…,” she starts, looking down at the lake again. Her ability has always been something that she has doubted. "I’m not sure how it will work with the Lake but between myself and the water, we might be able to restore enough of your strength to get back to the Mountain.”

It’ll take something from you, the voice in the back of her mind warns. She ignores it. It will be a price to be dealt with later. It’s easier to think about why Warlight asked for this trait, why she has sacrificed so much to gain. The copper mare has been on the receiving end of higher Magics than her own and quietly murmurs, "If I can help, I hope you give them hell.”

Lilliana looks up then and smiles, almost rueful. "This could take all night, though.”

image credit to rigardatta

today on: What is Lilliana doing? I have no clue and I'm sorry.
    but it's all in the past, love
    it's all gone with the wind

Messages In This Thread
    RE: It is the nature of dreams to end // pq help needed - by lilliana - 08-06-2020, 06:58 PM