• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  here's to fresh starts and all that

The silver-lined stallion isn’t left alone to wander for very long. A winged mare, gold and blue, approaches with a smile he suspects might be practiced - but appears friendly enough. And though his gaze does flicker to the scars on her neck, healing in navy skin and standing out so proudly against her light coat, he does not stare.

It is comforting, in an odd way, to see them - he always did have a habit of befriending mares that were tougher than he was.

His manner is friendly and respectful when he replies, dipping his head a little as he introduces himself. “I’m Mesec, it’s nice to meet you Lepis. I was invited by Malone to, well, live here I suppose.” Mesec’s hesitation is just a result of not knowing whether “live” or “join” was more accurate. How much were these kingdoms and lands like the ones he had known in his younger days? Where everyone had a job, everyone contributed to making things run smoother, making things that would benefit everyone else.

He had to admit, there was something incredibly comforting about the lack of metal and woven articles adorning any of those in this place he had seen.

His smile is a little sheepish as he tries to explain away any awkwardness in his words - though really he likely just makes it worse. “I’m pretty new to Beqanna, still getting the hang of things. Is there anything I have to… do to be able to stay here?”

The question that he doesn't ask is the insecurity he never quite was able to shake - will I be welcome here?

Mesec

@[Lepis]

Messages In This Thread
    here's to fresh starts and all that - by Mesec - 07-07-2020, 07:12 PM
    RE: here's to fresh starts and all that - by Mesec - 07-28-2020, 06:21 PM