• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  we need the dark to know the light; hourglass

“I would fight if I had to,” she tells him confidently. She pauses for a moment, thinking about it. She touches her glass mouth to the smoothness of her own glass chest, right where the stars spiral across it. She can feel her breath against it there, can see the way the warmth of her exhale causes the surface to fog, and she feels her heart sink. “I mean...I would if I could.”

Her previous excitement for games dims a little, and she pauses to look at him.

She is often so wrapped up in her own imagination and fantasies that sometimes it takes her a moment too long to recognize the emotions in someone else. When she slows just long enough, though, she realizes the smile on his face is hesitant, and his voice apprehensive. She tilts her gleaming head, a shadow of concern clouding her vibrant eyes, but she does not say anything yet. Instead, she lightly nudges his shoulder before brushing against him to head down a winding path, “Well then come on, squire, let’s go slay a dragon or something.”

Picking her way deftly across the leaf-strewn ground, and avoiding the lower limbs that reached to scratch against the glass surface of her skin, she looks over at him. “Do you have any brothers or sisters?” Without waiting for him to answer, she says, “I have a twin sister. She’s made of glass, too.”

I don’t believe that anybody
    feels the way I do about you now
    H  O  U  R  G  L  A S S

Messages In This Thread
    RE: we need the dark to know the light; hourglass - by Hourglass - 07-22-2020, 02:20 PM