• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  shadows fall over my heart;
    “You seem lost.”

I jolted, scrambling backwards—clearly startled, because they had found me. They had found me, they found me and they were going to take me back to that awful place; they found me, at long last, and were going to do terrible things to me. And once they were done, they were going to burn me alive. They found me, they found me—I took a deep breath, my eyes finding his as best they could in the dark. A tingling numbness had swept over my body from the shock. I couldn’t run now, even if I wanted to, so I took my time studying his face in the moonlight and felt myself slowly relax. My ears slid forwards to listen more easily, all of my muscles went slack.

I almost laughed, the breath escaping through my nose in the form of a soft snort. Those soldiers and their horrors were an ocean away now. What did I have to be afraid of? The corners of my mouth slid upwards to form a small, apologetic smile. “You scared me,” I said, a shiver snaking its way down my spine. I felt… something odd, but the feeling was quick. Fleeting. I didn’t know what he was capable of and I let him right in.

“I am Cineres, who are—”

“I can take you home.”

I stiffened, turning my head to peer curiously at the pointy-toothed woman.

She was something else, something wild, something beautiful, something otherworldly. I didn’t really feel worthy of being in her presence. “I don’t want to go home,” I told her, frowning. I’m not sure what compelled me to do it, really, but I found myself inching closer to the handsome stallion, slightly unnerved by the gorgeous female’s presence. My wings fidgeted nervously at my sides.

Was I really so insecure?

@[cringe] @[Nilam]
    Baby, you should come with me.
    I'll take you to the dark side.

Messages In This Thread
    shadows fall over my heart; - by Cineres - 07-02-2020, 03:21 AM
    RE: shadows fall over my heart; - by cringe - 07-03-2020, 07:33 PM
    RE: shadows fall over my heart; - by Nilam - 07-05-2020, 08:53 AM
    RE: shadows fall over my heart; - by Cineres - 07-11-2020, 04:20 AM
    RE: shadows fall over my heart; - by cringe - 07-22-2020, 06:30 PM
    RE: shadows fall over my heart; - by Nilam - 08-08-2020, 09:37 AM