• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  bother me, tell me awful things.

I was in the darkness, so darkness I became;

She has thought, on occasion, of trying to remake the Deserts. She knows she is more powerful, now – that whatever happened to her left her imbued with some kind of magic – but she has not yet plumbed the depths of it, has not tested for its boundaries. No, her powers have been for simpler things – gifting the children of the past kingdom and now this one with small tokens. She has not tried to turn the magic back onto herself, to manifest her desires, because that is one of the few cards she still holds to her chest.
    She cannot lay them all out yet, because if they fail, it will mean –
    Well.

She listens to his story and a part of her tugs in sympathy. While she doesn’t have Anatomy’s affinity for children, she’s been a mother many times over, and had the luxury of birthing all her children within the safety of her kingdoms.
    (She thinks, pained, of her dark and orange-eyed son. What kind of mother had she been to him? He would have been better off born in meadow snow.)
    “I’m sorry to hear that,” she says. She feels like she should add something else – something like no child deserves that - but she thinks, again, of Garbage, and is afraid the words might ring hollow.

He gives his reasoning then, though she had not asked. But she smiles, and she likes him more for this, that he worries for the children, wants them kept safe.
    “I’ll do my best,” she says, “though Anatomy’s always been better with children than I.”
    An understatement, perhaps.
    “Your children…” she begins, and there is a tightness in her throat she did not expect, and does not want, “what are their names?”

Craft

@[ghaul]

Messages In This Thread
    bother me, tell me awful things. - by ghaul - 04-28-2020, 10:13 PM
    RE: bother me, tell me awful things. - by craft - 05-19-2020, 06:16 PM
    RE: bother me, tell me awful things. - by ghaul - 05-25-2020, 04:20 PM
    RE: bother me, tell me awful things. - by craft - 06-17-2020, 07:43 PM
    RE: bother me, tell me awful things. - by ghaul - 06-23-2020, 02:16 PM
    RE: bother me, tell me awful things. - by craft - 07-01-2020, 06:11 PM
    RE: bother me, tell me awful things. - by ghaul - 07-07-2020, 01:36 PM
    RE: bother me, tell me awful things. - by craft - 07-22-2020, 06:45 PM