• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  The secret of walking on water - Nev and Lethy

Eurwen
    the secret of walking on water
    is knowing where the rocks lie
    There had been little she could do for Lilliana at that point, but Neverwhere in her moment of worry only achieves to rub it in. For Eurwen, that doesn’t seem very fair of her - to ignore the very thing the chestnut mare asked them to do; form a union and make a decision about her request. Still, the pink-dotted mare ignores her queen’s rudeness - she’s used to it and brushes it aside in favour of their shared worry. ”Lilli was heavily pregnant when I spoke with her. When Ghaul interrupted us, I mentioned to him to take better care of her, since he seemed to enjoy her playing his… games.” she shakes her crest, ridding herself of the face he contorted and instead looking to Nev and Lethy. ”The child may have delayed her, but I can ask my sister to go looking, or my father.” The words come out smoother than she expects them to - my sister, as if she didn’t know any better and all this was normal.

None of it was, of course - Brennen, Wolfbane, Lilliana still missing. As Neverwhere tells it, Eurwen nods once - then if the child was Wolfbane’s Lilli might be in danger, and if it wasn’t… it’d be even worse, when he found out. Best not to let him find out then. ”Then I’ll ask them both, and will be out there myself.” She half expects the silver dappled mare to cut the meeting short at that, her muscles already tensed to move - but then the khaleesi drops a too-casual, too-threatening comment for Eurwen’s taste.

Ears flatten down her wind-entangled mane, and her suddenly stone-hard pools of darkness find her queen’s bald face. ”You’d compare me to Lepis? You think I’m more loyal to Loess than the north?” A mild tremor flows outward like a ripple through Nerine’s rocky floors as Eurwen’s body tenses, her muscles scream for more action - it remembers the fight it once put up against a monster in the Silver Cove, the fight that led her to her rock-based abilities. That is an offense she will not stand for - to think she doesn’t have Nerine’s best interest at heart! - and Neverwhere’d best be sure to know it.

@[Izora Lethia]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: The secret of walking on water - Nev and Lethy - by Eurwen - 07-01-2020, 12:57 AM