• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Sidewalk scenes and black limousines (Santana and Family)

elio

some say I should learn to cry but I only learned how to fight
    and I know everything must die but nothing fades like the light

To meet with you.

Elio peers in genuine confusion at the trio, clawing desperately at the door keeping him locked in with this realization. I'm not ready, he thinks. Just a few more days. It hadn't been long enough, he hadn't healed enough: just the thought of Wolfbane stirs the grass in his gut. He wants to blurt it: I'm not ready!

Beneath the golden fur of his face, his skin pales.

Instead of vomiting up his fear, that resilient and stubborn nature his mother had given him takes a robotic control. "Santana, Gale . . . Eyas," the gold stallion murmurs, wondering if he should wander closer, brush his nose against theirs. The echo of jealousy rings beneath his focus: Eyas and Gale look so close.

Where have they been hiding? Why did I have to feel so alone?

It stings, this made-up rejection, keeping Elio rooted to his spot. His muscles tense in minuscule ways, and he peers at them with a steel in his eyes. He can only hope they'll mistake this hurt for a determination to find their father; and in way, it truly is that determination. He knows now is not the time for self-pity, merely shaking off the wound to tend to later.

"What are you planning?"

@[Eyas] @[Santana] @[Gale]
    [Image: elio-by-dozymare-ddo34i6.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Sidewalk scenes and black limousines (Santana and Family) - by elio - 06-26-2020, 09:53 PM