• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

and some by virtue fall; Gallows

You were a terror.” I say, with an attempt at being stern. My eyes betray me, however. I can never stay mad at Kushiel for long. I half suspect he knows this. Children have a way of wrapping you around their finger. Or tying a noose around your neck.

Kushiel and I's relationship is so much different than my mother and I. Epic wasn't a horrible mother, she just wasn't really there. Cade and I half raised ourselves. My father I met once, and it was seven shades of awkward. We didn't really feel like family. Our first visit was our last. My brother was a different story, thank god, or I might have gone insane. We got along famously, and I wasn't a bit jealous when he became King of the Valley. Truthfully, I was relieved. It gave me something to do, following my twin around and helping to keep his kingdom in order. Along the way, of course, I fell in love.

No, you idiot, not with a stallion. With the Valley.
    Don't you know me by now?

I know Kushiel thinks I am daft for my utter devotion to this piece of dirt. To him, land is land is land, and one place is as good as another. He needs attention. I need a place of my own. Perhaps Kushiel, knowing that the Valley was his home, cannot understand that.

But I don't hold it against him. That would be idiotic. Our childhoods were different. I tried everything in my power to make sure that was true.

Oh, god, are you going to make me tell you I love you? You could burn half a dozen lands and after a sound thrashing, I'd still claim you as mine.” I give him a cross look. “And I suppose if you end up burning down the Chamber I'll have to thank you.

I don't hate the Chamber. That's too strong a word. I've just never been on easy terms with them. Too similar, I suppose, and we have been the target of their raids before. Granted, we return the favor occasionally. The Chamber and the Valley; it's like two men having a fight over whose dick is bigger.

Well, Kushiel, if you find an ass you particular like, I hope you'll let me meet her. Wouldn't you want me to tell you how she really feels?

I grin wickedly. Imagine that scene for a moment. Does it amuse you as much as it does me?

G A L L O W S
    We must all hang together or, assuredly, we shall all hang separately.

Messages In This Thread
    and some by virtue fall; Gallows - by Kushiel - 08-24-2015, 12:13 AM
    and some by virtue fall; Gallows - by Gallows - 08-24-2015, 03:54 PM
    RE: and some by virtue fall; Gallows - by Kushiel - 08-25-2015, 12:42 AM
    and some by virtue fall; Gallows - by Gallows - 08-25-2015, 03:03 PM
    RE: and some by virtue fall; Gallows - by Kushiel - 08-26-2015, 02:12 AM
    RE: and some by virtue fall; Gallows - by Gallows - 08-26-2015, 06:59 PM
    RE: and some by virtue fall; Gallows - by Kushiel - 08-31-2015, 09:39 PM
    and some by virtue fall; Gallows - by Gallows - 09-01-2015, 10:16 AM
    RE: and some by virtue fall; Gallows - by Kushiel - 09-03-2015, 01:16 AM
    RE: and some by virtue fall; Gallows - by Gallows - 09-09-2015, 08:39 AM
    RE: and some by virtue fall; Gallows - by Kushiel - 09-11-2015, 12:31 AM