• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

burn everything you love then burn the ashes; anyone fun

Annihilate
    burn everything you love then burn the ashes

Oh!  Hello.  Growly had a sense of humor!  She stared him down, a grin growing on her lips as he goaded her to make him walk away.  Maybe he could be fun after all.  She snorted at Auntie Nova’s admonishment, because frankly rude wasn’t her biggest concern.  Besides, “He was rude first.  Seems only fair I should get to be rude back.”  

She was about to tell Growly that her momma had, in fact, been largely responsible for teaching her such colorful language, but Auntie Nova was painting a picture of a rather different mother, one who was mute and couldn’t have contributed much of anything to her vocabulary.  “And not that it’s any of your business, but my daddy and my uncles taught me,” she added, which was certainly just as true as what she couldn’t say.  “And I’m sure Momma would’ve if she could, too,” she said with a wistful little sigh.

Growly Red Eyes watched her as he relaxed his stance, and she watched him right back. “Well, I was being sarcastic,” she explained patiently, and then paused, cocked her head, and added, “Though I’d probably talk the same way if you were my friend.  And either way, it’s certainly…interesting to meet you, Gryffen from the Chamber.  What’s it like there?  I’ve never been.”  

She was grinning again, curious about a new place to explore, when Auntie Nova bumped her on the shoulder.  Wide-eyed, Anni turned to meet the yellow mare’s seeking gaze, and Auntie Nova’s words melted the smile off her face.  Her eyes hardened, her jaw set, and she said one word.  “No.”  She wasn’t about to apologize just because some strange lady thought it would be polite.  Hell, she probably wouldn’t even apologize if her own actual mother suggested it.  Not unless the apology was justified, and this one was not. 

“He was rude first, and I have every right to tell someone to fuck off if I don’t like the look of them, or if they seem like trouble, or if I get a bad feeling about them.  I was at least relatively restrained about it, and my reaction was pretty damn reasonable, all things considered.  I will not apologize.” 

Make me.

Gendry and Arrya's
    boom baby
    ANNIHILATE BY SAMSHINE | ORIGINAL HTML BY MAAT

Messages In This Thread
    RE: burn everything you love then burn the ashes; anyone fun - by Annihilate - 08-26-2015, 12:51 AM