• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  we need the dark to know the light; hourglass
    Aureus

oh, these wings, they flicker and my feathers stir
    'til I'm an ancient soul in a cascade world

He can’t imagine pitying something so beautiful—even if he fears for her. It’s beyond him to think of anything negative about her except how pretty she looks when the light strikes and reflects off of her. The way that the constellations are trapped in the reddish glass of her chest, in her hooves that strike the ground. What he does fear, truly, is himself. All of his own clumsy behaviors come into stark relief as he watches her, as he realizes that there is so much he could do to harm her.

One misstep. One accidental trip.

His nose wrinkles as he realizes just how dangerous he could be to her.

But she doesn’t seem to mind—the thought that he could harm her doesn’t even seem to cross her mind. So he relaxes slightly, muscles loosening, especially as Astrum joins them. The star, however, is not quite as friendly as the girl who greets her. She is haughty in response, her light growing cold and her light retracting until she is much smaller. She spirals away and then comes to rest, nearly curled up on his back.

Aureus frowns and rolls his eyes.

“I’m sorry. She’s not always very social.” Jealous, he knows, and he understands why. They only get the night together. Only a handful of hours. She would have to get used to sharing those hours, he thinks. At least sometimes, and he thinks hard in her direction his displeasure at her cold greeting to the girl.

He pulls his dark gaze back to her, trying to make up for his familiar’s less than enthusiastic greeting. “A fairy tale?” he repeats, the idea charming him and pulling a shadow of a smile out of his serious lips. “I’m no prince though,” there’s a touch of apology in his voice. “Although I’m sure you deserve nothing less than one, Hourglass.” He ignores the part of him that wishes he could have been that for her.

and I'm quick with the bullet when it comes undone
    I got a head like a turret with a mouth for a gun

Messages In This Thread
    RE: we need the dark to know the light; hourglass - by aureus - 06-14-2020, 05:14 PM