• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

it began with a bang and buzz; any
    Aodhán

His arrival stirs some of the palomino filly’s bees, and he watches in amazement as they buzz around but don’t quite land on either horse, or if they do it must have been on his less sensitive spots like mane and tail, for he hardly feels them. He tilts his head a Pollen curiously, wondering if he could ask the question that popped up into his mind there and then - then figures he’ll just ask and see. ”Do you ever get tired of the sound?” he wonders. ”I’ve never tried insects before.” he explains, then realizes that that is not an explanation at all. ”Uhm, for shifting, I mean; that’s a sort of magic I have, but I’ve never tried shifting into a bee.” he adds - hopefully for the new girls, that didn’t make things worse.

He looks over to the girl on the ground, taking note of her flowers and thinking the two make quite a match. ”Nice to meet you, Pollen and Persephere. It almost looks like fate for you two meeting here,” he smiles, looking from the honeycomb mare to the flowery one. A match, for sure. ”This whole land is called Beqanna, with several lands and islands next to it. We call this the mainland, even if it is technically just a very large island; you two happened upon the recruiting Field. Each region has it’s own climate. For example, my home is an island with a tropical climate, but I was born in the far north, a place called Icicle Isle.” That doesn’t seem the place for them, he thinks, so he doesn’t elaborate- they probably agree it’s cold and not favorable for the bees.

Actually, the Pampas might be even better. Noma would certainly love Pollen.

from the ashes a fire shall be woken

@[Persephere]
    @[Pollen]

Messages In This Thread
    it began with a bang and buzz; any - by Pollen - 06-06-2020, 09:23 AM
    RE: it began with a bang and buzz; any - by Aodhan - 06-14-2020, 03:09 PM