• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  trying to cope and burn just right, lilliana

The copper mare looks worried and smiles tensely but adds nothing to Ryatah’s comment. Perhaps there is peace and she has been so scared of her own shadow that by looking behind her, she’d realize there is nothing to worry about in front of her. That tight smile loosens and she feels comforted by that. Lilliana feels comforted by @[Ryatah] and draws a little closer to the pale mare, finding peace from the light she radiates and the peace that shimmers off her white skin. 

Handful of new additions? Her blue eyes, suddenly sparking from the winged woman’s company, brighten and holds a tint of laughter. "How long has it been since I last saw you?” she muses rhetorically, trying to remember that day in the Meadow. Lilliana shakes her head, silently berating herself for letting so much time pass. 

Speaking of the Mountain, though, is a harder topic. 

Ryatah is speaking of purposes and the auburn mare grimaces. Craft and Anatomy lived. She reminded herself, trying not to focus on the sound of Craft’s breaking ribs or the receding form of Anatomy as she went racing after Aida on that ledge. They lived, she thought again, forcing it to overtake the others. They had been given a new beginning - regardless if it was in Taiga or Pangea - and that was all that mattered.

Surprised, she turns her head quickly to her haloed companion. "You came from the Afterlife, too?” Lilli asks, stunned. How many horses had come back from the Dead? She is thinking of the other one she had met, the large gray stallion from the Field. A dull ache languished in her chest at the thought of him; he had returned to the land of the Living, only to be greeted by chaos and Wolfbane. Ryatah is looking away from her and Lilliana is taking a thoughtless step ahead, distracted by her own memories. 

Even in the dim light of Taiga, Ryatah manages to catch it and Lilli glances side long at her from beneath dark lashes. I don’t feel like an angel most of the time, though. 

There is nothing warm in the laugh. It’s distant, a hazy echo in Taiga’s fog. "I imagine it’s hard to live up to the image,” the chestnut mare murmurs. There is no further to fall than from the heavens, she's learned. 

And Lilliana never earned wings.

Ryatah had earned hers, though. If she didn’t feel like an angel, "who do you feel like?” She queries. The Taigan mare doesn't laugh when she honestly shares: "I don't know that anymore."

She knows she isn't the only lost one. Lilliana knows she won't be the first or the last. It's a comfort to keep company with someone else though, she thinks, who might know what it feels like to be another number in the tally of lost things.

LILLIANA

if i ever get to heaven
    i've got a long list of questions

so this is a little wierd? i'm blaming the truly
    but it's all in the past, love
    it's all gone with the wind

Messages In This Thread
    RE: trying to cope and burn just right, lilliana - by lilliana - 06-13-2020, 09:04 PM