• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

and some by virtue fall; Gallows

He's so adorable when he's trying to be repentant and serious. I appreciate the effort, but more so the reaction when he remembers that an act doesn't work with me.

Silly little man, I think as his lips stretch into a smile. He is rarely serious. I'm about one hundred percent certain he gets that from me, and not his father. (I mean, have you seen Carnage? I think he actually believes he's all that and a bag of chips. Dark god, my ass.) Kushiel wormed his way out of a lot of lectures as a colt by making me laugh when I probably should have been sterner. I have never understood the point of being stoic all the time. Sure, you could argue that there is a time and a place, but I would argue that humor always lightens things up.

Plus, hello, fun? Just because I am willing and capable of kidnapping, threatening and fighting for whatever I want, doesn't mean I can't have fun while doing so. In fact, I think it's better my way.

His joy is infectious and I find myself mimicking his happy grin, which grows wider at his pointed look. The truth is, I have missed Kushiel with an ache much stronger than I would have believed. I'd gotten used to having my incorrigible boy around. His absence made me feel unsettled. The little brat wormed his way into my heart the first time he nuzzled into my chest and pulled a feather from my wings. I should have known he would leave, but like any mother, I had hoped to keep him longer. Seeing him here makes feel lighthearted.

I chuckle at Kushiel's scowl. He had to suspect I would ask about girls. I'd like it to not be a shock when he tells me he's impregnated some wretch. Personally, I'm a tad relieved there aren't any babies yet. Sometimes the sons of Carnage feel like they have to live up to their father's manwhore ways, and I just really don't want to be the grandmother of three hundred children. Can you imagine the noise? There's a reason I didn't get pregnant again. Children are loud and messy and irritating. However, it doesn't surprise me that Kush loves them. He's a half grown child himself.

"The kind of woman who does well with bullshit, Kushiel." I look away for a moment, remembering the one stallion who came close enough to being my match. Remesis was full of himself and the Valley, and his charms were enough that even I was attracted. For a long time he was my right hand man. It was serious enough that Kushiel almost had a different father.

I eye my strapping boy, trying to be objective. "If she's in Beqanna I have no doubt you'll offend and exasperate her, and then you'll charm your way into being first in her heart."

I chuckle, a deep throated laugh, and shake my head.

"You realize you just described yourself as a child? I'm certain there are a few Valley members who used the exact words 'little beast' to describe you."

Something to do with my son trying out his flame control on the tails of unsuspecting victims. Personally, I thought the squeals of surprise were a little funny, but I couldn't let Kushiel know that. He always looked so puzzled. The flames loved him, why didn't everyone love the flames?

I wince as I prober further into his mind, and then scowl darkly at him. "I could have lived without knowing that. You need to put a proverbial sock on the door if you're going to admire a girl's ass and I'm around."

Or, you know, I could just not sort through his thoughts, but I instantly dismiss that. Kushiel tends to lie, also a trait he gets from his parents, and I like knowing when I have the full truth.

"I missed you too, you traitorous wretch." I reply softly, nuzzling him in return. "And if you ever make me wait so long before you visit again, you'll be sorry. I'm still your mother after all."

I gently tug on his mane with my teeth.

"I guess if you had to abandon the Valley, you'll do well enough in the Chamber." I say grudgingly. He knows the Chamber will always be a distant second to the Valley for me, but he also knows that the Chamber is better news than hearing that he joined the Gates or some such idiotic place. "But tell me, darling, what could possibly be better about the Chamber than here?"

I look at him sternly, my cross tone demanding a response.

G A L L O W S
    We must all hang together or, assuredly, we shall all hang separately.

Messages In This Thread
    and some by virtue fall; Gallows - by Kushiel - 08-24-2015, 12:13 AM
    and some by virtue fall; Gallows - by Gallows - 08-24-2015, 03:54 PM
    RE: and some by virtue fall; Gallows - by Kushiel - 08-25-2015, 12:42 AM
    and some by virtue fall; Gallows - by Gallows - 08-25-2015, 03:03 PM
    RE: and some by virtue fall; Gallows - by Kushiel - 08-26-2015, 02:12 AM
    RE: and some by virtue fall; Gallows - by Gallows - 08-26-2015, 06:59 PM
    RE: and some by virtue fall; Gallows - by Kushiel - 08-31-2015, 09:39 PM
    and some by virtue fall; Gallows - by Gallows - 09-01-2015, 10:16 AM
    RE: and some by virtue fall; Gallows - by Kushiel - 09-03-2015, 01:16 AM
    RE: and some by virtue fall; Gallows - by Gallows - 09-09-2015, 08:39 AM
    RE: and some by virtue fall; Gallows - by Kushiel - 09-11-2015, 12:31 AM