• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  if i never wandered

halcyon
    a tight-pressed line keeping
    a wildfire on the inside

Halcyon can't fault the woman for her startled expression or the way she tries to frantically put space between them. He has the fortune of seeing the world from two different sets of eyes; his equine self would most certainly respond in the same way she had in the face of a predator ─ wide eyes, scrambling limbs, a pounding heart. But to live it is a whole different thing. To see that fleeting fear is... empowering, almost, but saddening to the young man who'd never thought to cause harm to any equine compatriot.

He uses his happiness induction to replace the fleeting melancholy with more cheer ─ and should she be feeling particularly receptive to her surroundings, the tendrils of his magic may just reach the painted mare, as well.

“There's no need to be embarrassed,” he tells her with easy laughter before sitting his muscled hinds upon the soft loam. His tail flicks behind him, more out of muscle memory than anything else, as his verdant eyes alight with amusement. “Well, next time you see him, let him know I'm very offended that he didn't want to be my friend.”

Her grin lights up her two-toned face and even if he'd wanted to refrain, Halcyon can't stop himself from returning the expression with lips pulled away from those sharp teeth of his. Sheepish, albeit briefly, his feline eyes look to the earth before reconnecting with her blue ones. “It's so nice to meet you, Aoibhe. My name is Halcyon. Have you just arrived?”

His question is casual, but leading. His inexperience at recruiting causes him to balk, unsure of whether he should just come out and invite Aoibhe to Ischia, or if that would seem too bold. While he ponders the merits of asking outright, he awaits her response to his inquiry.

@[Aoibhe]
    “”

n | r

Messages In This Thread
    if i never wandered - by Aoibhe - 05-26-2020, 04:25 PM
    RE: if i never wandered - by Halcyon - 05-26-2020, 05:21 PM
    RE: if i never wandered - by Aoibhe - 05-26-2020, 07:37 PM
    RE: if i never wandered - by Halcyon - 05-27-2020, 04:58 PM
    RE: if i never wandered - by Aoibhe - 05-27-2020, 07:47 PM
    RE: if i never wandered - by Halcyon - 05-30-2020, 09:07 PM