• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Not your baby // Any
    "

I've seen devils, i've seen saints
    I've seen the line between them fade

Our attentions flit from one thing to another, eyes roving across the strangeness of each other and absorbing the new. With curious hunger I watch his edges waver and blur. He bleeds into the darkness behind him, and I feel a spark of worry in my chest. Will he disappear into the dark? 

Unconscious of the effect this worry has, my own edges begin to bleed and darken, the suggestion of shadow throbbing on my skin. It is an overlay of insubstantial glamour. Unpracticed, imperfect, but the projection of Shadow now cloaks me. Already I am learning that it's harder to leave something you love, even if that lesson is more instinct than anything for now. 

The betrayal of my stomach is a curling thing, my eyes dropping from his when he comments on it. A shrug, the curt raising of my thin shoulders, answers him. "It's fine," I grind one dark forehoof into the sandy mulch beneath us. "It always does that." My nose quivers a little, feeling the thinness of my abdomen again. The glamour drops with my confidence. 

I want this boys eyes off of me suddenly, can't stand the intensity of his gaze picking out the flaws of me. My first instinct is to snap my little milk teeth at him, the way mother does when I've been too close to her for too long. It's another impulse that wins though. Redirection. 

"You live in the woods?" I gesture behind him, the trees reaching ragged fingers for the sky at his back. I don't know where else he could have come from. I'd like the woods, I think. Better than the rocky steppe of Loess. That's not really something I get a say in though. Not yet.

TARTE

@[capulet]

Messages In This Thread
    Not your baby // Any - by Tarte - 05-03-2020, 09:39 AM
    RE: Not your baby // Any - by capulet - 05-11-2020, 06:49 PM
    RE: Not your baby // Any - by Tarte - 05-13-2020, 03:55 PM
    RE: Not your baby // Any - by capulet - 05-16-2020, 10:16 AM
    RE: Not your baby // Any - by Tarte - 05-17-2020, 03:50 PM
    RE: Not your baby // Any - by capulet - 05-20-2020, 09:37 PM
    RE: Not your baby // Any - by Tarte - 05-27-2020, 07:18 PM