• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  shake off all your sins and give them to me; Illum

all i want is to flip a switch
    before something breaks that cannot be fixed

He finds it strange and more than a little irritating when she doesn’t outwardly react to the sudden dark. Surely she must’ve noticed it, and noticed that it came too soon and too fast, falling around them like a sprung trap. But she hardly even bats an eye as she comes to stand obediently beside him, a lamb beside a wolf. Is she truly so broken that the world cannot reach her? That even the dark has lost its teeth.

Now he wants to find out.
    It rises inside him like a quiet obsession, small and inconspicuous until he looks it in the eyes.

But for now he simply scoffs at her answer, glancing down to try and read her face, read anything she hasn’t said aloud to him. But there is little to find, she keeps it all hidden so well behind a mask of sad, though he is certain her heart must hold more intricacies. “Is lost love really love at all?” He probes, just barely on the right side of kindness and cruelty. “Or have you come to learn that love itself does not exist, and that is the loss you mourn. The thing that broke your heart.”

His gaze is sharper now as it settles on her, not unlike a hawk might watch a small rodent rustling below in the grass. It gives him an air of cold imperiousness, and he deliberately draws it tight around him lest she notice somehow how intimately familiar he is with the way it feels when love dies.

Illum

@[Rapture]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: shake off all your sins and give them to me; Illum - by Illum - 05-16-2020, 07:56 PM