• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the dead are crawling from their graves (ALL KINGDOM)

I heard the storm before it arrived. The mental rumblings, the flashes of insight. And all I have to say is, I saw this coming. I even considered it myself, but perhaps nostalgia for Eight slowed my steps. And also a desire to watch and guide, rather than jump in feet first.

Ah, old age. It does make one wiser. Or something.

I saunter closer to the gathering place, a very familiar scene re-enacted before me. I am not the first to arrive, but I may be the last if this place doesn't get some new blood. As always, it is impossible to tell that I am immortal. I simply look to be an average red bay mare with black points. Oh, and hawk wings. Musn't forget those darlings. My eyes glint with intelligence. In a moment, I know the minds of everyone here.

"Well this is a sad and pitiful gathering. Perhaps not the welcome you envisioned, Demian?" I nod at Flamevein, a new mind, and Fennick, a newer one. Flamevein reminds me of my son, which can be both bad and good, depending on my mood. The musk of his body shares the same smoke and flame quality.

Just don't burn down my home and I won't be cross with you, darling. We'll be best buddies in no time. Perhaps even find some outlets for our… creativity.

I listen, neutrally except for the twitch of my ears, as Flamevein speaks. I recognize his emotions as a mirror to mine.

"What you are saying is sound and all, but I hazard a guess that many true Valley lovers feel and know the same. So is there a point to this meeting other than you talking about what should happen and isn't happening? Not that you don't have a way with words, but I think it takes a little more than words to attain the goal you're reaching for. Perhaps a show of arms? Or proof of your plan."

Come now, little one, keep talking. Prove your worth. I would love to hear what makes you qualified to do what it is you are thinking of. Your secrets might be locked away in your head but it only takes the right key to pry them loose. Don't forget that I can tell what you are really thinking.

Oh wait, except you don't know that. What fun it will be when you do find out. I grin wickedly, turning my eyes to Fennick.

"Hello Fennick. I'm Gallows. It's a pleasure to have you here, and let's hope you are ready to get your hands dirty."

It's not that I dislike Demian. I appreciate his fervor, but the Valley inhabitants are a skeptical, difficult to govern lot, and they will want more than a speech. I flirt with ideas, but decide to wait. Might as well see what else is said before I shake anything up.

G A L L O W S
    We must all hang together or, assuredly, we shall all hang separately.

ooc: love it. ;-)

Messages In This Thread
    the dead are crawling from their graves (ALL KINGDOM) - by Gallows - 08-24-2015, 04:20 PM