• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

every scar will build my throne; T/w any

i love the way that your heart breaks
    with every injustice and deadly fate

The dust colored boy continues on, commenting on the way pain is treated as such a pariah. He knows this well. Very few seem to understand the true nature of pain (as he sees it). Perhaps this boy could. He doesn’t seem so overly averse to the idea. Perhaps he could teach him.

Gray eyes watching him speculatively, he remains quiet. That pain builds character is a statement of fact, one he feels no need to embellish or retort to. It is patently true. He could attest. Tor seems to know it too, and he wonders if he might have found someone with the same commonalities as he. Oh, how delightful would it be to find someone who so well understood and accepted the merits of giving and receiving pain? He smiles then, an eerie, calm smile that spoke far more than his words ever would.

”Nowhere is boring. Why do you think I am here?” He responds easily to the colt’s quip about his lack of home. It had never bothered him to know that he belongs nowhere, that he has nothing. After all, the only place one can go from the very bottom is up. And he would rise. Oh how he would rise. This he does not doubt for even a moment.

He sees then the newcomer. A bland bay boy stalking towards them with the oft tormented squirrel clutched in his mouth. He does not say a word, simply dropping his offering at their feet, an unwitting supplication. His mouth edges into a second smile. The universe had looked kindly upon him today, given him a second chance at rectifying his mistake. He would be kinder this time. The small gray rodent offers a pitiful squeak, squirming brokenly upon the ground as it does. He does not hesitate, not this time. Stepping forward, brushing against the brown colt as he does, he places one black hoof directly over the frantic creature, crushing it without a second thought beneath the full weight of his step.

Dull gray eyes rising from his hapless victim, he pins the newcomer with a stare as he removes the bloodied hoof from the mangled squirrel. ”Thank you,” he says simply, honestly.

Raelynx

khaos x eyrie

html c insane | picture c naelii.deviantart.com

Messages In This Thread
    i love the way that your heart breaks... - by Raelynx - 08-24-2015, 02:30 PM