• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I am a mermaid that you dreamt // ISLANDERS
    aquaria
    - THE TIDE IS HIGH, IT'S SINK OR SWIM -

One. One islander stood on the shore with her, had answered her call. Her throat tightened. Aodhan, the spotted stallion she had met a few years before and had bumped into occasionally since then. He was a bright, if mischievous, presence. To see him standing here so solemnly seemed at odds with the jokers she knew him for, a shade of surrealism on an already strange day. 

The white seamare blinked at him wordless. Halcyon was away on the mainland seeking what fortunes he could find, Cormorant had no interest in politics or who was leading the island and had made a point of turning down her invitation to the meeting. Of her family, she was the only representative. That in itself stung. 

She wasn't entirely right though. It wasn't just her and the spot patterned stallion. The mare who lingered at the edge of the beach had emerged silently from the jungles watched with eyes that lingered like a touch on the scene. 

Aquaria smiled at her a little helplessly. "'Lo there," she greeted when she could find her voice. "I don't think I've seen you around before? I'm Aquaria, this is Aodhán. We were just..." The words trailed off. She was speechifying, to a mostly empty beach. If she'd know this would have been a meeting of two she'd just have found Aodhán and told him like a regular horse. Roughly, she shook off the disappointment. "Not much of anything, I suppose. Unless you have something to add?" Violet eyes swept between the two uncertainly. Oh well. Things could only get better from here. Right?

- MY ONLY RIVAL IS WITHIN -

@[Aodhan] @[Warlight]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I am a mermaid that you dreamt // ISLANDERS - by Aquaria - 05-07-2020, 08:48 PM