• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i've moved further than i thought i could; Aquaria

I V A R
    i'll use you as a makeshift gauge
    of how much to give and how much to take
    “Ooh,” he says, hissing with exaggeration as though the words themselves had been pointed, and made contact with his tender flesh. “Last time someone burnt me that badly, it was a dragon.”

There is a thick patch of scarred flesh along his left shoulder all the way to his shoulder healed just like a burn wound would, but it’s very clearly an old wound. Has that been the last time someone tried to jab at him, verbally or no? Isobell sometimes talks back, and he’s a few women back on Kelpie who make a show of standing up to him, but they all cave in the end. There’s a thrill to finding someone new, someone who is so sure she will not be like the others.

He will let this one live after, Ivar decides. It will be nice to see her in the distance sometimes, to know she’ll remember both telling him to leave and asking him to stay.

“Could I persuade you to float right out with me?” the kelpie asks. His smile says that he knows he pushes too far. There is ever a whisper of caution in the back of his primitive mind, but he pushes it down. It’s not often that he refers to his nature, at least not to prey that is still justoutside of reach. There’s still a chance she might slip away, quick as a minnow.

“I have always wondered who would be the better swimmer – kelpie or nereid.” Ivar speaks casually, letting the surf rock him gently in the tepid cove. His handsome head tilts inquisitively as he continues. “I’ve assumed I would be, since I’ve heard your kind spends all their time preening in the shallows and waiting for someone to admire them.” At this he finally stops, his golden eyes meeting hers as though he waits for either conformation or a staunch denial.

and i'll use you as a warning sign
    that if you talk enough sense then you'll lose your mind

@[Aquaria]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i've moved further than i thought i could; Aquaria - by Ivar - 04-29-2020, 09:26 AM