• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i've moved further than i thought i could; Aquaria

I V A R
    i'll use you as a makeshift gauge
    of how much to give and how much to take
    The rustle of leaves in the jungle catch his eye, and Ivar continues forward in the shallow water. His long, elegantly finned tail changes to a match the pair of slim white forelegs that carry him to thigh-deep water. By the time he’s there, a pale woman has emerged into the beach. She is strikingly pretty, and without a doubt the nereid who lives here in this cove.

“Your home?” he repeats innocently. Ivar glances behind her, the edges of his scaled nostrils flaring as though taking in the place for the first time. “I didn’t mean to intrude. I must’ve fallen asleep and floated in by mistake.” His voice is genuine, his expression remorseful.

She know his name.
    He should know better than to ask how that might be so.

Golden, slit-pupiled eyes narrow as he takes her in, standing so proudly in front of him on the beach. He’s fairly sure he’s not seen this nereid before. They do tend to blend together after a while, but no, he decides with another look at the distinctive seastars. No, she’s not a former lover.
    And yet she knows his name.

“You have me at a disadvantage,” Ivar tells her. A smile curls up the toothsome edges of his smile. It shouldn’t be handsome, not with all those sharp edges, and yet it is. “You know my name, and yet I’ve not yours. I’m certain we’ve never met, and yet…” He trails off, and the soft swell of the surf pushes him closer to the shore. 

“You’re not one of my children, are you? Your mother maybe forget to tell me about you?” Ivar is very clear; he will come for his children. Had this mare’s mother hidden her away, perhaps? She does look like the nereids that swim the Ischia Oceane, but is that because of blood or the effect of the saltwater?

His handsome face draws into a slight frown, one that does not mar his beauty.

and i'll use you as a warning sign
    that if you talk enough sense then you'll lose your mind

@[Aquaria]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i've moved further than i thought i could; Aquaria - by Ivar - 04-28-2020, 06:56 PM