• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'm two quarters and a heart down
    NASHUA

Nashua frowns slightly, tilting his head upwards towards his older sister. ”That would make me sad too,” he adds. He had gone looking for the Moon tonight and had found @[Celina] instead. He’s enjoyed this time with her. If she killed him (or maybe her bugs would swallow him whole if they ever flew together?), he thinks that it would make him sad.

It seems a much harder way to spend time together.

"Elio,” he says slowly, ”can’t be trusted.”

Nash frowns at that. The words don’t feel quite right. There had been nothing about his exploring companion that had felt wrong. Like his older sister, the flaxen pegasus had spent an afternoon with him and had enjoyed that the traveler was willing to spare him. Visitors to the Taiga were rare and his adventures outside the Taiga were becoming far more regulated.

"What if he came back?” The colt asks innocently. Fire Wing had said he liked Taiga. He had promised to come back and visit. If he came back, could that rectify the wrong of leaving?

While the mentioned leg heals and glows, while Celina flickers in her firefly aura, his green eyes widen and then he smiles. It’s full of excitement and he can hardly keep himself still while she places the feathers in his creamy mane. (He can see something glinting her own pale mane and edges closer before becoming enraptured with the two feathers she put there.)

He moves his shoulder closer to her while he angles his head, hoping to the striking things better in her light. It’s still hard to see against the shadows but Nash can make them out distinctly - a white feather, a proud navy one.

When he's satisfied with what he’s seen, Nash leans into her again. 

Like you, he thinks.

and for every king that died
    they would crown another

augh <3
    [Image: jCdBK6.png]

Messages In This Thread
    i'm two quarters and a heart down - by Celina - 04-18-2020, 09:54 PM
    RE: i'm two quarters and a heart down - by Nashua - 04-21-2020, 06:00 PM
    RE: i'm two quarters and a heart down - by Celina - 04-22-2020, 05:06 PM
    RE: i'm two quarters and a heart down - by Nashua - 04-23-2020, 06:25 PM
    RE: i'm two quarters and a heart down - by Celina - 04-23-2020, 07:27 PM
    RE: i'm two quarters and a heart down - by Nashua - 04-24-2020, 11:18 AM