• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  trying to cope and burn just right, lilliana
    “I know when you go
    down all your darkest roads
    I would have followed all the way
    to the graveyard.”
    She hears a lilting voice, the way it lingers in the cool Taigan fog, and she stops. The voice is too sweet to belong to anyone that could strike fear into her, and so she does not hesitate to walk towards it. She has been alive for too long – and been dead too many times – to be afraid of much anymore. Not the way most were afraid, at least. She knows there are faces that she looks at, knows there are bright and glowing eyes that she stares into, that makes up someone else’s nightmares.

She is afraid of them, too, just not for the same reasons.
    When she looks at Carnage, she is afraid of the moment he gets tired of her, or decides not to bring her back.
    When she feels Atrox’s piercing stare she is afraid of the day the heat behind it has died, and she is again entirely alone.
    She is terrified of them, just not the way someone else might be.

Through the dense shadows and trees she moves, her angelic wings curled at her sides, ignoring the way low-hanging limbs and thick bramble tug at her feathers and snag strands of her mane. When she rounds a  final corner she is greeted with the familiar face of Lilliana, and a smile breaks like the dawn across her face. “Lilli?” She does not notice the faintly defensive stature that the chestnut mare has adopted, and it does not occur to her that she looks entirely different from the last time they spoke, either. She continues forward, her impossibly dark eyes almost bright when aided by the glow of her halo, and she shakes her delicate head with a kind laugh before she says, “I forgot you lived in Taiga. I hope I’m not intruding. I was just….restless.”
    ryatah

@[lilliana]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: trying to cope and burn just right, lilliana - by Ryatah - 04-26-2020, 04:25 PM