• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

well I've got thick skin and an elastic heart [Set]

tantalize

infinity overhead

and i whisper, are you listening?

Perhaps this was really home. It was the one place she always returned to, where everything had started. From growing up with Novea and meeting the boy of stone to deciding to tie herself to the jungle. The place where Lion had stripped her of everything she had built herself up to be. When the Amazons seemed to close in around her and she couldn’t breathe, couldn’t think… This is where she came. So many strangers made her feel more comfortable. It was because here she could be a stranger too, it didn’t matter if nobody recognized her. That was expected in the Meadow. Her jaguar spots ripple across her body as she silently moves into the open, golden eyes alert and judging. She stands out and yet blends in all the same, because she’s nothing to anyone here.

The heather is dying with the coming of fall and she finds herself standing in the midst of it, enjoying the way the withering stems lashes against her limbs with the breeze. The coolness is inviting, she doesn’t mind the way it chills her. Her fur hasn’t grown much, the jungle doesn’t allow it, so it makes her shiver with each passing gust. It’s becoming odd how the heat is starting to bother her, how she seems to seek out the cold more and more. Everything about her screams that she is a sister, that she can’t leave. And yet… And yet. Maybe her time there is done. Maybe it’s time for this jaguar to change her spots.

Constantly lost, lost in her mind, lost in her home. Decisions weighing on her, Lion constantly haunting her dreams. The Meadow is her only escape. The only time she can somewhat clear her head although the former Dale King always seems to catch in the corner of her eye, making her spin quickly and searching the shadows for a figure that’s not there. It’s become obvious that the former Khaleesi is not what she had once been. This is a shell of the powerful and intelligent being she had once been. And she searches… How she searches! Searching for answers, searching for peace. Just something, give me something! Something that makes me whole again.  

@[Set]/@[Dem]

Messages In This Thread
    well I've got thick skin and an elastic heart [Set] - by Tantalize - 08-23-2015, 11:08 PM