• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Gave you a minute when you needed an hour // Any

Sabra

I watch the rankled emotions play across the dun mare's face, her no doubt decorous nature rallying at my blunt tongue. No, I can't blame her though. It may have been some years since of needed it, but I recognize the diplomats' mannerisms. The careful speech and guarded expression. Very well, let her have her genteel ways. I can relearn my old ways again. 

Her face betrays little but irritation as I press on with the conversation until the dragon is mentioned. Recognition, a little bit of surprise, and I know I'm more right than I wanted to be. Lepis, Lepis... Perhaps I ought to be familiar with her, in name at least. But the connection evades me. It, as with most things, is worn with time and trauma. 

A brisk nod is my only response to her notation that the beast in question is no longer here. He'd seemed hesitant about the connection when we spoke, and it seems I've missed some crucial events since my last walk on earth. "No matter. I will thank you instead for the lodging. Trust I will not intrude any longer than I must on your hospitality." I mean only to stay long enough to recover my strength and my abilities, to formulate some kind of plan for the next steps in my life. It's a tall order, but to have some kind of security in where I'm sleeping every night will go a long way towards that goal. 

My relief is cut short however, when she comes more directly to the point of her concern. The spear waggling gentle in the muscle of my chest. Ears tipping backward, I take a mistrustful step back. "I would know what you would do." The words are sharp on my tongue, wary of what I do not see. Help harms, and while I might accept a place to sleep, there is only so far I will allow a stranger to go. Only so far I will allow anyone to go.

I wanna be Immortal, like a God in the sky

I wanna be a silk flower, like I'm never gonna die

Photo by Kareva Margarita

@[Lepis]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Gave you a minute when you needed an hour // Any - by Sabra - 04-23-2020, 05:09 PM