• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I don't have a choice but I'd still choose you; Contagion and Tyrna

— A D A L I N E —
    your mouth is poison; your mouth is wine
    (you think your dreams are the same as mine)

They walk in silence, but she herself does not feel quiet. She feels the blood boiling in her veins and in her head and against her chest. She feels its tempo loud and clear—the way that her body sways against that of her brothers, the way that she sometimes trips but catches herself against his fragile build, the way that her mouth tends to wander and land against his neck to comfort herself as they continue walking.

She does not say anything though; she doesn’t trust herself to.

There is a sickness that curdles between them that she secretly calls loves but isn’t brave enough to say out loud. What if he didn’t feel it the way that she did? What if he didn’t notice the way that her body curled toward him like a flower to the sun? She couldn’t bear the thought of him rejecting the outpouring of herself like that; wouldn’t be able to stand up to the rejection if he said that simple word: no.

So she says nothing, instead walking alongside him toward his kingdom—and the kingdom of the wolf-girl. The girl who made her blood so hot in response when she had first heard of Contagion’s new companion; the girl who made her dizzy with anticipation. Would she be strong enough to watch him with someone else? What if he greeted her as he greets Adaline? Could she be stoic enough to be still?

Trying to misplace her thoughts, Adaline gave a weak smile to Contagion as they neared the border and then crossed over it into his home. “It’s beautiful,” she breathed, bumping her small nose against the familiar curve of his neck. What she thinks is that he is more beautiful, but those words too go unsaid.

Messages In This Thread
    I don't have a choice but I'd still choose you; Contagion and Tyrna - by adaline - 08-23-2015, 05:05 PM